BP 2024 order now to ensure compliance
The British Pharmacopoeia (BP) 2024 edition from the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) is available to order in hard copy and online formats helping you to access quality and compliance, quickly, easily and with confidence.
The BP is essential in ensuring you comply with official standards for UK pharmaceutical substances and medicinal products.
Included with your purchase is access to all European Pharmacopoeia texts. The 2024 edition also includes:
Monographs and BPCRS:
• 27 new BP monographs, 17 new Ph. Eur. monographs.
• 93 amended BP monographs.
• all monographs from the Ph. Eur. 11th edition and Ph. Eur. supplements 11.1 and 11.2.
• Ph. Eur. supplements 11.3 to 11.5 included as in-year online and download product updates.
• updated references to new BPCRS included in the BP 2024 to ensure that you remain compliant.
New Monographs and BPCRS for BP2024:
The BP2024 contains a new monograph for Quinine Sulfate Oral Suspension.
According to the World Health Organization (2019), over 95% of malaria disease burden occurs in Africa, where children under five years account for 67% of fatalities worldwide. At the MHRA, our British Pharmacopoeia and Laboratory Services team, working in collaboration with leading experts from industry and the UK National Health Service, have developed a new monograph and corresponding physical standards for quinine oral suspension for use in patients that cannot tolerate solid dosage formulations.
The MHRA are proud to respond to global health issues by establishing individual standards for widely used life preserving medicines.
Online tools and guides:
We will soon be updating pharmacopoeia.com to improve your experience of using our site with new features including:
- find what you need more easily with a new and improved site design and navigation.
- self-serve online with Improved purchase journeys
- see how monographs have changed overtime with an updated timeline and tracked changes
Additional supporting content:
• Analytical Quality by Design (AQbD) guidance provides the principles to develop additional method understanding and a greater assurance of the analytical procedures used to uphold product quality throughout the product’s lifecycle.
• Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMP) Flow Cytometry and Vector Copy Number best practice guidance texts offer a practical and phase appropriate validation tool to help your cell therapy programme succeed.
Order your copy today to ensure you're fully compliant with new standards before they become effective on 1 January 2024.